Monday, June 16, 2008

Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen, Deer Valley

Blair & I had the great experience of spending our anniversary at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley Friday night, thanks to a great website deal that included our suite, a 3-course dinner at the Glitretind Restaurant and 20% all spa treatments.  We didn't have time for the spa, but WOW was the food incredible!  I will attempt to describe it in the most mouth-watering terms I can.  I started out with the "Surf & Turf" first course, which consisted of charred Kobe tartare, wild gulf shrimp & argula salad with crispy root vegetables.  I was a little hesitant about the tartare, as I'd never tried it before but it was incredible.  The meat was charred on the outside and rare on the inside, with just a small spoonful of creamy horseradish sauce on top.  The gulf shrimp were tender and delicious and the arugula had just the right "bite" to complement the shrimp.  The crispy root vegetables were thin strings of fried carrot & potato and were a nice diversion from the tartare.  Moving on to the second course - I had seared Maine sea scallops and a braised pork belly with baby artichokes, lemon basil and a horseradish butter sauce.  Once again, I was a little hesitant about the pork belly having never tried it but it delicious!   It tasted like a thin, crispy version of a pork roast.  Mmmm...my mouth is watering just remembering it!  The scallops were seared on the outside and tender on the inside and you can't ever go wrong with scallops!  Delicious!  For dessert, I had the Wicked Velvet Cake with orange mousse, two kinds of ice cream and a crispy macaroon.  I literally have never tasted flavors like that before!  The cake was crumbled with the mousse and ice cream on the top and I really should have swallowed my pride (pun intended) and took a picture because the presentation was beautiful.  I highly recommend this restaurant and highly recommend the website package that included the room AND dinner.  I believe they offer it every spring, so mark your calendars now! 

No comments: