Saturday, October 25, 2008

Great Fall Foods in Utah

As long as I can remember, we've been visiting Logan in the fall, for the best food of the season -- namely apples, apple cider and cheese.  Abby & I made a trip today, met Mandy, Tony & Cole and had a great time.  Our first stop was Zollinger's for apples & cider.  Mmmm....the cider is chilling in my fridge right now and I hope I can save a little for Blair when he gets home later.  I'll try.  We also got some apples for Kati's family and a few bags for us.  Blair will make some pie, hopefully tomorrow.  Our next stop was Crumb Brothers, a new spot on the "fall food tour of Logan."  They make incredible bread and we bought two loaves - crusty sourdough for dinner tomorrow and a herb baguette for dinner tonight.  Yum.  We then stopped at the best sandwich shop on the planet (at least in Utah), Logan's Heroes.  I had the hot pastrami (my dad got me hooked on hot pastrami YEARS ago at the Der Ratskeller in Salt Lake) and this one was perfect.  Hot pastrami, mustard, mayo, swiss cheese and pickles on a white sandwich roll.  My mouth is watering, just remembering.  Our last "foodie" stop was at Gossner's for cheese.  We bought "squeaky cheese", sliced Swiss for a future dinner featuring "malibu chicken" and some raspberry honey from Cox's Honeyland.  All great local places - yay!  And, then following a hot tip from my Mom, we stopped at Sumida's Fruit Stand on the way home (on "Fruit Way" - Highway 89) where their squash and pumpkins were very much on sale.  I got four acorn squash, two banana squash, two spaghetti squash and three pumpkins for $3.82.  I LOVE FALL IN UTAH!  YAY!  

No comments: