Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's open almost all the time - check it out!
So good, even birds want some!

Almost fifteen years ago, my friend Mandi introduced me to "The Bakery" in downtown Salt Lake.  We were both getting over bad boyfriends and The Bakery is a great place to drown your sorrows, so to speak.  The drowning commenced in rice pudding, little eclairs and sometimes even salad with Green Goddess dressing, also a first for me.  The Bakery described in one word -- YUM.  I have visited many times and have never been disappointed - not once.  My favorites include their rice pudding (of course), the pear tart (new), the raspberry tart, the "little brothers" (baby eclairs) and any of their cookies.  They also sell amazing bread (their rye bread is the perfect thing to serve with corned beef) and I noticed something new today -- bread pudding.  Can't wait to go back and try it!  After Abby's flu shot this afternoon, she definitely needed a treat.  So, of course we stopped at The Bakery!  She got two cookies and I got rice pudding (yes, Blair - there is one in the fridge for you!)  When we came out, there was a cookie someone must have dropped in the parking lot, with some very interested birds who didn't want to leave it, even when we were trying to get in our truck.  Yes, it's so good even birds want to eat there!  The Bakery is located on 300 East between 200 South and 300 South in downtown Salt Lake City.  Try it out, you won't be disappointed!  

2 comments:

mandi said...

One does love to see one's name in print, especially when one didn't write it ones self. I am so pleased you have passed on the bakery gene to future generations. Here's to Green Goddess!

Kati said...

We LOVE the Bakery! It's my favorite place - very fond memories of Kris and I getting little treats when I lived in the apartments behind her condo. Especially love the little pastry that looks like a porcipine. Too cute and way yummy. Thanks for the great reminder.