Monday, July 14, 2008

Taggarts

I am so excited that I actually went somewhere worth blogging about!
The first thing you need to know about Taggarts is how to get there - it's kind of out of the way. Head east on I-84 up past Morgan - there is a Ranch exit right past Morgan and then the exit for Taggart. That's the best part - about the only thing off the exit is the restaurant and a couple of houses. It's so good - it has it's own exit! :)

I went for dinner - but it would be a great place for lunch as well. First impression was one of casual comfort. And the fantastic display in the front of all the baked goods for sale. Always a plus! There were multiple kinds of cookies, brownies and cheesecakes. I knew I was in a good place.

The menu consisted of a lot of sandwiches, salads, and dinner specials. The prices were reasonable. Most of the sandwiches and salads staying in the under $10 range, with the dishes like steak and shrimp scampi running closer to $20/$25. Not an overwhelming amount to chose from, which I like, but not too limited - I felt like almost anyone could find something they liked on the menu. They also had a couple of strictly vegetarian dishes, which is always nice.

I ended up ordering the Turkey sandwich after debating about ordering their Ham and spiced apple sandwich (next time!). The friend I was with ordered the Taggart burger, which she has had before and absolutely raves about. The best part of both the sandwiches and the burger is that they bake all their own bread products - buns for the burgers and pita bread for the sandwiches. The turkey came nice and warm with melted Swiss, red onion, avocado, and tomato folded in a freshly baked, warm, grilled pita round. It was SOOO yummy. You could choose salad or beer-battered fries with the meal and I, of course, couldn't turn down the fries! They were excellent - large, steak cut and lots of crispy outside covering. Since we were on a "Girl's Night" we couldn't not order dessert - Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake. Oh my. They serve their cheesecakes in small rounds - I was pretty full from half my sandwich and most of the fries, I only managed to eat about 1/8 of the total cake. Take home boxes are the best!

The best part was that I left feeling like I'd really like to take Jeff there, or anyone else for that matter, and I ended up telling a lot of people that I talked to the next few days after about it - always a good indication that it was a good place to eat. So, if you are ever in the mood for a road trip into Morgan County, give Taggarts a try!

No comments: