Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finn's

Derk and I were out and about on Saturday morning, and thought it might be fun to get some breakfast. Not something I normally would do because I am a cereal person in the morning, and in fact had already had some. Our first choice was way too crazy busy, and I remembered that some of my friends like this place called Finn's, so we tried that.

Finn's is on 1624 South and 1100 East. And as always, here is their website; check out their history and menu. They're open for breakfast/brunch and lunch. As you might guess from the look of their menu and website, this place is a great place to just chill. We weren't rushed, and had time to sit and really enjoy our food, the setting, and hanging out with each other.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of most breakfast foods, they're suspiciously eggy. But every now and then I will be brave and try some. And omelets can be OK, especially if they are loaded with other things, which mine was! It was the omelet special of the day and had all sorts of peppers, onions, tomatoes, chorizo sausage, cheese, and even some guacamole. It was actually really pretty good, and lucky for me, the egg was not juicy or squiggly. And it came with some nice hash browns and toast with really tasty jam. If you go, you really must try their mint lemonade. It's amazingly good and dare I say refreshing? Derk had the usual: eggs over hard, sausage, hash browns and toast. And he really liked his food, too. In fact, he's the one who wanted me to remember to write this post. Our experience inspired us to go out for breakfast every once in a while. It's kind of fun!

And while you're there, try some dessert, too. I had the marzipan cake, which was good. Derk tried the red velvet cake, but here's where we differ. For most people, I think the red velvet cake would be great, a nice cake with yummy cream cheese frosting (I tried some and liked it). However, people from Derk's family I would probably recommend they make their own red velvet cake because this one is nothing like what your mom and grandma make!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Finn's! Next time I'm having the patti-whatever! Mmmm, meat and potatoes and an egg! And vegetables! Not that the regular breakfast wasn't just fantastic--very well done, especially the touch of having a couple of cucumber slices and a tomato slice as part of the breakfast. I'm a little curious about the Norwegian waffles, as well, since I think I'd love lingonberry jam, but the sour cream part scares me.