Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pho Green Papaya A vietnamese and Thai Bistro

So, Billy is always up for a new fun restaurant and he read about this in the Deseret News and it was really tasty. If you're not afraid to head out west (3500 South, 2000 West), I think you will really like it.

We got the fried Quail appetizer. Yes, I have to admit I was pretty nervous. Never had Quail before. But the whole, "it tastes like chicken description" held true for this and it came with the 2 yummiest craziest sauces. Every dish had the best sauces, and I am kind of all about foods that are saucey.

For dinner, we shared the Dinner special, and we wished we would have each done this. It actually is for one and this is what you get. Soup and Salad that were so different and fabulous, gyozo, shrimp crispy roll, and then you get to choose 2 dishes. We chose green beans and I know doesn't sound exciting, but they were so darn good. There were lots to choose from. Now, I have to say, when I go to Chinese places, I am all about sharing. I think their dinner for one options, are very marginal. Not at this place. It was fabulous.

We also ordered a large (so huge, way too much) bowl of their Pho noodle soup. This is actually what they are known for. Billy and I weren't too sure about the flavor. It was a little much. But I guess this is why people go here, so it might be worth trying, but get a small.

So, conclusion, you get tons of really good food and it is very inexpensive.

Go, try it. I Think you will like it.

1 comment:

X-Tine said...

Sounds cool Adair! Perhaps I need to give Thai food another chance--and this sounds like a good place to do so. And sometimes the sauces definitely make the meal.